Trends for Graduation
Learn more about the creative and safe solutions schools are offering for their graduates.
Find the latest trends and solutions actual schools are using to celebrate their graduates this spring.
Drive Thru or Drive Up Ceremony
- Two separate drive thru ceremonies with take place between a two day period.
- Students are given two tickets allowing two vehicles to join in the graduation procession.
- The vehicles will stop in front of a stage, where the graduate will exit the vehicle and walk across the stage to accept their diploma and have their photo taken.
Social Distancing Ceremony
(in groups of 10 or less)
- Graduation will be pre-recorded with 10 students at a time.
- Graduates will walk across the stage while their names are announced and picture taken.
- Videos will be edited together and posted to social media.
- For a surprise, all speeches will be done privately.
Ceremony with only students using social distancing
- Held without an audience.
- The cadets marched 6 feet apart to chairs spaced out across a field.
- 36,000 people watched the ceremony from an academy live stream.
Honoring seniors in other ways
- Local PTA and school staff combine efforts to purchase signs for 400 graduating seniors.
- The sign does not include an image of the student. Instead it reads “Saxon Class of 2020, #SaxonPride” in school colors.
- Parents and teachers surprised graduating seniors by spending the morning placing them in their yards.
- Parents, along with School Districts are purchasing them for the entire class.
- The signs include pictures of the students (the photographer takes most of the senior pictures in the area) – if she doesn’t already have their image they can upload one they like.
- Graduate’s friends, family, and university community are encouraged to leave a written/video message for graduates online.
- Names of graduates will be announced as their photos and degrees are shown online.
- Graduates are encouraged to wear their caps and gowns in photo submissions.
- Graduates and their families are invited to watch a live stream as the University recognizes each student.
- The ceremony will feature formal remarks, musical performances, and shareable digital slides.
- The online celebration of 8,000 graduates will feature music and videos.
- Congratulatory messages will be shared and award winners will be announced.
- Viewers have the option to watch from a variety of channels: Facebook Live, YouTube, or the YouTube app on a smart tv.
- Graduates/community are encouraged to share content on social media leading up to the event with a hashtag.
- Names of the graduates were read aloud along with the announcement of awards.
- Valedictorians we able to give their speeches.
- The entire ceremony was live streamed for graduates and family members to view.
Delayed Graduation Ceremonies
- School officials have booked the local convention center for in-person ceremonies over 3 different dates. Two of the ceremonies will be held in July with a 3rd date in the fall.
- In the mean-time the district is purchasing yard signs to commemorate graduates.
Modified In-Person Ceremony with a Virtual Celebration
- The school will hold an individual ceremony for each student where their immediate family is invited to join.
- Their names will be called and they will walk across a stage to receive their diploma.
- The school has hired a production company to video each ceremony to piece together for a full graduation video.
- The film will be shown at a drive-in movie theater at a later date.
- Seniors are scheduled a time to report to the school with up to 4 family members.
- A professional photographer will take their cap and gown picture.
- Video will be taken of each senior walking across the stage and pieced together to create a full graduation ceremony.
- The video will be aired on the school website.
- Photographers and videographers were on-hand to capture the graduation.
- Graduates practiced social-distancing while parents and family members peeked through windows.
- A full video will be shown at a local drive-in at a later date.